Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Catching up

Its been a while since I last posted my adventures being a student rider, almost two entire years. I guess being a perpetually busy engineering student, these things happen. Since then I've become involved with our student team at the University of Waterloo, travelling and competing with the 10-15 other ladies on the team while we compete in the OUEA. Its grown on me over the past two years and as a result I'm now a member of the executive team, keeping our website and facebook page up to date. You can see those here http://uweq.webs.com/ and here https://www.facebook.com/pages/UW-Equestrian-Team/198232950238356. Competing in the OUEA as an Open division rider has helped me continue developing my riding, maybe not in the show oriented way I had pictured, but as a horsewoman and better all-around rider. In addition to competing in the OUEA I was able to show on the Ontario Trillium circuit in the adult hunters with a lovely thoroughbred trakehner cross, Logan, for the 2014 summer.

I hope to keep more up to date with this blog and primarily write about my experiences in the OUEA, the Ontario horse show circuit, and riding in general. I may also attempt some opinion pieces on horse-world ongoings and trending topics.

Pony tax picture of the lovely Logan from this summer:

1 comment: